You already know that I’m an Independent celebrant based in Sussex but you’d probably like to know a bit more before you can decide if I’m right for you. So here goes:
- People describe me as kind and gentle,
- A good listener, with a warm sense of humour
- Very organised!
When it comes to funerals, I will support you during one of life’s most vulnerable and difficult times.
Some of the things I love:
- I love hearing them and weaving the memories, characters and meaningful events of a life into an engaging eulogy
- From the humblest, simple life to a life full of high octane adventures, everyone has a story.
Values and Spirituality:
- Honouring your loved ones core values and what they most treasured in life
- Incorporating your spiritual beliefs or worldviews into the ceremony
- (Plus I’m an ordained non-denominational minister)
All the seasons, the British countryside, the Swiss mountains, the lakes in Ireland, the sparkling sea along Hove seafront. Wonderful views and stunning scenery feed my soul. So outdoor ceremonies are truly magical for me.
And as for weddings, I get very excited, I adore:
Love stories of every kind,
Whether they are:
- As funny as When Harry Met Sally or as tear-jerking as the dear couple in UP.
- As proper as Elizabeth and Mr D’Arcy or as scandalous as Oscar and Bosie
- As action-packed as Princess Leia and Han Solo or as sedate as Bob and Charlotte who were ‘Lost in Translation’
- And I never get tired of hearing new ones, what’s yours?!
Buildings with character
Historic castles, Tudor mansions, quirky barns, picturesque cottages, gothic manors, anything that looks like it might have a story or two to tell.
- I thrive on coming up with ideas, recommending poems or readings and drafting just the right words in any situation.
- I love a challenge!
When I’m not working
In my time off you can find me waving feathers on a stick which my rescue cat Hattie chases with glee! Or chilling with my partner Carl – we love a night in watching a great film and eating some delicious food. I can also be found in local coffee shops chatting with good friends or on country walks with my brother (who I am very close to). We are all lucky to live in Brighton & Hove between the Sussex Downs and the sea.
I love to study religions, ancient texts and the roots of ceremony. I’m currently studying the Bible and the non-canonical ancient Hebrew scriptures.
Some of my relevant qualifications:
- Achieved NOCN Level 3 Certificate in Civil Celebrancy.
- Member of the Association of Independent Celebrants (AOIC)
- Member of the Celebrants Collective
- Non-denominational minister
- Graduated in 2013 as a multi-faith minister from the School of Conscious Co-Creation - studying many spiritual traditions.
In the past I’ve worked as a
- Meditation and mindfulness teacher.
- Holistic therapist working with people from all walks of life providing healing, support and guidance using a vast array of spiritual and secular tools. So lots of experience listening to others and learning what makes them tick.
- Training consultant – travelling the country and talking to large and small groups of people. I learned how to communicate in an engaging manner – even when the topic was rather dry…. Not that this would apply where your ceremony is concerned!